Saving the Golden Goose: How Family Run Businesses can Survive and Thrive after Divorce #FDRevolution
Saving the Golden Goose: How Family Run Businesses can Survive and Thrive after Divorce
We are excited to be invited back to speak at the FDRIO’s 2018 Unconference – Rethink the Future. The conference will be held May 3, 2018 in Toronto where attendees vote on what Topics they would like to hear.
Our presentation will explore how a family business can be impacted when a Company ‘founder’ is involved in separation. We will discuss:
- When both spouses are principals in the business
- When a second generation of the family joins the business.
- The effects on a range of stakeholders such as business partners and other investors.
- How spouses can cooperate to address the best interests of the children
- How spouses can agree to cooperate to address the best interests of the family business.
- Using, a collaborative approach to reduce the impact of separation and divorce on family run businesses.
- Ensuring that the business remains viable for both spouses, as well as future generations.
The Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario (FDRIO) is a federally-incorporated not-for-profit that seeks to support and enhance the family dispute resolution profession and to increase public awareness about the many FDR options available to them. FDRIO is a self-regulating organization of multidisciplinary professionals who facilitate family dispute resolution by providing information and conflict management services to families.
We hope to see you there!