Divorce 101 FAQs

Where can I get more information on Ontario Divorce?

There are many professional people, organizations and other sources that can help you or provide more information:

  • A family law lawyer.
  • An information centre specializing in family justice.
  • A parent education course for separating parents.
  • Duty counsel at a legal aid office.
  • A community legal clinic.
  • A university law school with a student-run legal information service.
  • A public legal education and information organization.
  • A law society or bar association referral service for a lawyer.
  • A mediator, social worker or counsellor.
  • An emergency shelter.
  • A divorce support or self-help group.
  • Relevant library books and videos.
  • A multicultural community organization.

The yellow pages, white pages or blue pages in your telephone book have listings for many of these resources. A librarian at your public library may also be able to help you.

Stay in Touch

Keep learning about the latest issues in Ontario family law! Subscribe to our newsletter, have our latest articles delivered to your inbox, or listen to our Podcast Family Law Now.

Be sure to find out more about the "new normal", by visiting our Covid-19 and Divorce Information Centre.

About the author

Russell Alexander

Russell Alexander is the Founder & Senior Partner of Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers.