There are many professional people, organizations and other sources that can help you or provide more information:
- A family law lawyer.
- An information centre specializing in family justice.
- A parent education course for separating parents.
- Duty counsel at a legal aid office.
- A community legal clinic.
- A university law school with a student-run legal information service.
- A public legal education and information organization.
- A law society or bar association referral service for a lawyer.
- A mediator, social worker or counsellor.
- An emergency shelter.
- A divorce support or self-help group.
- Relevant library books and videos.
- A multicultural community organization.
The yellow pages, white pages or blue pages in your telephone book have listings for many of these resources. A librarian at your public library may also be able to help you.