FAQs Parenting Time & Decision Making

Can My Ex-Wife Move Away With My Child?

Written by Russell Alexander ria@russellalexander.com / (905) 655-6335

If you give your ex-wife permission to move out of the area with your child, then she can do so freely. If you do not agree with the move, then you should go to the court to get an Order to keep the child in your area. A judge can make the ultimate decision of whether or not your ex wife should be allowed to make the move with your child.

Stay in Touch

Keep learning about the latest issues in Ontario family law! Subscribe to our newsletter, have our latest articles delivered to your inbox, or listen to our Podcast Family Law Now.

Be sure to find out more about the "new normal", by visiting our Covid-19 and Divorce Information Centre.

About the author

Russell Alexander

Russell Alexander is the Founder & Senior Partner of Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers.