Divorce 101 FAQs

Who Will Be Working On My Matter?

Written by Russell Alexander ria@russellalexander.com / (905) 655-6335

The lawyer you retained and a law clerk are responsible for your file will be the team members who will most often complete work on your matter. However, any team member of the firm may bill your account for work they have completed on your file. Due to their high hourly rates, lawyers try to delegate work to the clerks, receptionists and other staff members to reduce your costs. There is no need for you to pay a lawyer to do copying that a clerk can perform. At our office we also work as a team. That means that if your lawyer or your law clerk is away due to a vacation or illness, another team member is always available to assist you.

Stay in Touch

Keep learning about the latest issues in Ontario family law! Subscribe to our latest articles delivered to your inbox, or listen to our Podcast Family Law Now.

Be sure to find out more about the "new normal", by visiting our Covid-19 and Divorce Information Centre.

About the author

Russell Alexander

Russell Alexander is the founder of Russell Alexander Collaborative Family Lawyers and is the firm’s senior partner. At Russell Alexander, our focus is exclusively family law, offering pre-separation legal advice and assisting clients with family related issues, including: custody and access, separation agreements, child and spousal support, division of family property, paternity disputes, and enforcement of court orders. We have locations in Toronto, Markham, Whitby (Brooklin), Oshawa, Concord, Lindsay, and Peterborough.

For more information, visit our website, or you can call us at: 905-655-6335.