Recording Release – Voice of the Child
We are pleased to announce the virtual event recording release of Voice of the Child.
1. What is a Voice of the Child report (VOC)
– legislation, purpose
2. When: before or during court, anytime
3. Who prepares the VOC report
– qualifications & training
4. Private vs OCL, Judicial interviews
5. The How
– Where are interviews conducted?
– How many?
– How is the report delivered? Oral vs written
6. Weight: treatment by counsel, parents, and Judges
7. Screening: Parental and other influences
8. The Child’s Right to Counsel
9. Challenging VOC reports
10. Case Law
* This program has been accredited by the Law Society of Ontario and contains 1-hour of professionalism content
Watch the full presentation here: