Problems of the Rich & Famous: Solutions & Supersized Teams
with Russell Alexander, Carrie Heinzl, Jason Kwiatkowski & Jarret Johnston
Wednesday, November 2nd at 12 PM EST
The panel of Ontario-based family lawyers and financial family law professionals will be sharing their insights on the nuances of navigating family law matters with high-profile and high-net-worth clients.
The panelists will be covering the following topics:
1. The need for privacy & security
2. Obtaining disclosure
• Importance of Quality Record Keeping
• Income assessments & business valuations
• Uncooperative directors & shareholders
3. Small, medium & large size business
• Keeping funds in the business – income and support implications
• Family trust considerations
• Complex organizational structures
4. The role of adult children & the Greek Chorus
5. Advantages & Disadvantages of Process Options:
• Closed mediation – ADR
• Collaborative Divorce
• Saving the Golden Goose
6. Dividing Assets
• Corporate restructuring
• Delayed Equalization Payments
• Market Conditions
• Gross ups – Using the family business to your disadvantage
7. Tax planning & advice
8. Spousal Support
• Incomes over $350,000
• Rule of 65
• Consideration of Large capital equalization
9. New Partners: Support considerations and Estaand Estate / Legacy Planning
10. Famous or Infamous!
There will also be a dedicated Q&A segment as part of the presentation. The panelists invite our audience members to send in their questions in advance with their registration and they will do their best to address the question.
Registration is complimentary and all are welcome. Registrants will receive an email via Zoom upon registration with their login details for the event.
To respect confidentiality, all attendees’ identities will remain anonymous to other audience members.
Attendees who provide their feedback to our team will receive a complimentary advanced copy of Russell Alexander’s e-book following the webinar.
*Please note that all of the content provided in the presentations is intended to provide general information and should not be construed as legal advice.
For a full list of our upcoming webinars, visit us HERE.
Here is what people saying are about Family Law Now LIVE
“It was very informative and well done.”
“Great webinar, I look forward to others in the series.”
“Loved the clarity and practical approach of your presentations.”
“Great topics from great speakers – thank you!”
“I enjoyed that they knew what they were talking about without any hesitation to answer questions. They seemed very knowledgeable.”
“Thanks to RA and his team for these contributions to the family law bar and the community generally.”
“Lots of practical information! I also just realized how valuable it is to have everything anonymous! Very professional and informative!”