Russell Alexander, Michelle Mulchan, Carolyn Warner, and Annie Yektaeian, discuss the history of Divorce Day in Canada and the fundamentals of navigating separation and divorce.
The panelists cover the following topics:
- What is divorce day and why January each year?
- The difference between separation and divorce
- Common Law
- Living Separate and Apart under the Same Roof
- The Importance of DOS
- Cooling off periods in the DA
- What are possible financial scenarios for the matrimonial home?
- This can be scary, what happens next?
- Kitchen table agreements, Disclosure, and ILA
- Quick Tips
- Counselling Services
Family Law Now LIVE is a live virtual event series hosted by Russell Alexander and featured guests. They present on various topics surrounding family law to provide helpful information, answer questions, and share insights with the audience in real time. This podcast episode is a recording of a virtual event. Registration is now open to attend upcoming virtual events hosted by Family Law Now LIVE.
Thank you for tuning in!