Russell Alexander hosts business valuation experts, Melanie Russell and Jason Kwiatkowski, to offer their expertise with tips and best practices as it applies to divorce & family law. In this episode, the panelists will cover the following topics:
- What is a business valuation?
- When would a valuation be required?
- Types of valuations and reports
- Risks / Pitfalls
- How can two experts come up with different values?
- What assumptions are most likely to be attacked / different interpretations?
- Why does the court like ‘hot-tubbing’ so much?
- Top tips for business owners, spouses, and lawyers
Family Law Now LIVE is a live virtual event series hosted by Russell Alexander and featured guests. They present on various topics surrounding family law to provide helpful information, answer questions, and share insights with the audience in real time. This podcast episode is a recording of a virtual event. Registration is now open to attend upcoming virtual events hosted by Family Law Now LIVE.
Family Law Now | Ep. 19: The Role of a Business Valuator in Divorce
What’s the Value of Goodwill in a Business?
Saving the Golden Goose: How Family Run Businesses Can Survive Divorce
Thank you for tuning in!