Recording Release – How to Make the Most of an Appointment with Your Lawyer
We’re pleased to share the recording release of How to Make the Most of an Appointment with Your Lawyer.
In this 1-hour virtual event, our panel of Ontario collaborative family lawyers provide practical tips for clients to optimize their time with their lawyer, in order to navigate their legal matters as effectively and efficiently as possible.
1. Be prepared. List your questions in advance.
2. Don’t send multiple emails. Either one email with all salient information or book a call if the topic is too complex.
3. Getting your financial disclosure ready
4. Ordering your documents
5. Intake Form & Supplemental Information
a. Separation Agreement
b. Court Order
c. Parenting Plan
d. Next Court Date
6. Focusing on the big picture
7. Doing research
8. Having a social worker/therapist
*This presentation has been accredited by the Law Society of Ontario and contains 1-hour of professionalism content.
Watch the full presentation of How to Make the Most of an Appointment with Your Lawyer here: